TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions for Representation by DECA Crewing:
1) I understand that my data will be included in DECA Crewing’s database of registered crew. Although inclusion in the database is secure and safe, I understand that it in no way represents a guarantee of employment.
2) I understand that it is my responsibility to keep all my information up to date, so as to present as complete and accurate presentation as possible, and increase my employment potential to its fullest.
3) I understand that DECA Crewing reserves the right to conduct reference checks, and to remove any candidate from their database if said candidate fails to meet the standards for employment deemed appropriate by DECA Crewing.
4) I understand that any employment gained through DECA Crewing, for any amount of time, within one year of any referral, will be subject to a Placement Fee due to DECA Crewing by their Client. Therefore, DECA Crewing is relying on my honesty to report all employment gained, and failure to report any such employment to DECA Crewing for billing purposes will be considered dishonest, as well as cause my file to be inactivated permanently.
5) I understand that it is my responsibility to notify DECA Crewing of any discontinuation of my employment search, regardless of source of employment, in order to keep their placement process as efficient as possible for their clients.
6) I understand that while I am listed as ‘Seeking Employment’ with DECA Crewing, my resume and profile may be submitted to positions that match. I also understand that I should report any interviews obtained through submission by DECA Crewing, to avoid potential discrepancies with other placement agencies.
7) I understand that if I cease employment gained through DECA Crewing for any reason within the first 90 days employment, or anytime without proper notice of 2-4 weeks given, I must inform DECA Crewing immediately to avoid being held responsible for refunding placement fees paid by the employer.
8) I understand that DECA Crewing is not responsible for the actions of its clients (Owners and Captains) after I have made initial contact with the client.
9) I understand that my e-mail address will be added to DECA Crewing's e-mail marketing list so that I may receive future announcements. As well, I can remove myself from that list at any time without any repercussion.